One of the best parts about my family’s Thanksgiving is that we don’t have to wait for the turkey to be done to eat. When we get to my aunt and uncle’s house, there’s always a big spread of appetizers and hor’dourves waiting for us. With the Gourmet’s very own Thanksgiving dinner on its way, I thought it night cool to look up some delicious app recipes that I or one of my guests could make. Here they are.
– Bacon wrapped potatoes from The Kitchn… I don’t think I need to say any more.
– I’ve been looking for a good stuffed mushroom recipe for a while. I think I found one I might try. It’s crabmeat stuffed mushrooms from Love My Philly .
– I love a good spinach and artichoke dip. Domestic Pursuits has a good recipe.
– These Atomic Buffalo Turds make me wish I had a smoker. In fact, a lot of things on BBQ Addict make me wish I had a smoker.
– Can’t beat a good hummus. I found a recipe at the Pioneer Woman, but if I make it, I might add some spice.
One thing I like about Thanksgiving appetizers is the variety. The main meal is pretty standard… turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes. I love everything about Thanksgiving dinner, but the appetizers give you a chance to get a bit more creative without losing the tradition of the main meal.